Arthropod Tales - epic one- Red-end and the Seemingly Symbiotic Society
Ants gather sugar cubes in an icy marl cave in order to build a palace. This turns out to be a nursery to cultivate larvae. These grubs grow in a cave and reveal themselves as bizarre, marching gluttons called Cricusts. The ant Red-end is different and tries an experiment resulting in one of the Cricusts being different as well. While the other Cricusts eat all the green in a military way and fly to the next forage field, the different one takes it easy in a field of raspberries. The greedy group soon turns all green landscapes into a barren desert with fatal consequences. Except for the raspberry field where Red-end keeps an eye on his big friend finally enabling them to walk together into the future.
A 4K Digital Cinema stopmotion animation by Bethany de Forest and Robin Noorda. Music composed by Phantom Frank.
AWARDS, NOMINATIONS AND SELECTIONS
- 2009 Utrecht première and openingsfilm HAFF (NL), 4K projection, Movie Squad award
- Espinho IAFF (PT), Best Short Film Award
- Talinn AFF Animated Dreams: Academy of Arts, Brain-tap Award (EE), Best Film
- 2010 -Angers EFFF Premiers Plans (FR) Audience Award European Short Films
- selected a.o. for the festivals of Annecy, Barcelona, London, Melbourne, Stuttgart, Zagreb and Cartoon D’or
- Utrecht, Dutch Film Festival, nomination “Golden Calf” (Gouden Kalf)
- St Petersburg; International Festival of Animation Art, special mention for unconventional look.
Buy the book (Dutch language): http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1028121
To order a DVD with making of and music videos for Phantom Frank you can send a mail to Robin Noorda.
PRODUCTION: ROCKETTA FILM - PH.+3120 4897733 - INFO(at)ROCKETTA.NL - WWW.ROCKETTA.NL