Awards & nominations
AWARDS, NOMINATIONS AND SELECTIONS for RED-END and The Seemingly Symbiotic Society
• 2009 - 11 Utrecht première and openingsfilm HAFF (NL), 4K projection - Movie Squad Award
• 2009 - 11 Espinho IAFF (PT) - Best Short Film Award
• 2009 - 11 Talinn AFF Animated Dreams: Academy of Arts - Brain-tap Award (EE) - Best Film
• 2010 - 01 Angers EFFF - Premiers Plans (FR) - Audience Award European Short Films
• 2010 - 03 Nijmegen Goshort festival (NL) nomination Best Dutch Short Film
• 2010 - 03 a.o. selected for the festivals of Annecy, Balchic, Barcelona, Cartoon d'Or, London, Melborne, Munich, New York, Palm Springs, Stuttgart, Trieste, and Zagreb.
• 2010 - 09 nominated for the Golden Calf (Gouden Kalf) Dutch Film Festival, Utrecht (NL)
• 2010 - 11 International Festival of Animated Art, St. Petersburg (RU), special mention for unconventional look
2003 Special Silver Medal at the Quadri ënnale, Prague, the international theatre design exhibition, for the multi screen presentation for the Dutch pavilion on location theatre.
2001 Nominated and shown at ‘The One Minute’ film festival with ‘Head or Tail’, a short film with the dancer and choreographer Susanne Ohmann.
2000 Golden Award for the DVD and CD-Rom ‘Livial’ for Organon at the Golden Z festival, cat. new media and Silver at the SAM awards.
1999 Nominated and shown at the Annecy animation festival (France) for ‘Horses in the Air’.
1996 Bronze award in the category ‘special effects’ for a Philips Matchline film at the ‘New York Festivals.
1994 Golden award in the category 'introduction and lead-in title', bronze award for the special effects and two honorable mentions for another 'Philips Matchline' film at the 'New York Festivals'.
1993 Bronze award at the 'Broadcast Designers Association Awards' USA (most renowned festival for TV Design) for 'Body Matters’, made for the public broadcasters TROS (NL), Veronica (NL), BRT (BE) and ARD (DE).
1991 Second prize 'Digigraph' (international computer animation festival) in Brussels for the animation Time is Money, made for the BRT (Belgium public broadcaster).
1990 First prize 'Image du Futur', Canada (international computer animation festival) for the design and animation of 'Partners', made for the AVRO (Dutch public broadcaster).
1990 Screening of six animation films during 'Siggraph' USA (most renowned film show for computer animation).